We, at the KTS are inviting stakeholders (Travel, Tourism and Hospitality) to register online for membership. Your society will be in a better position if more and more members register. This will help us to work closely with department to get necessary marketing and other assistances for promotion of Karnataka thereby getting more tourist and business.
Information obtained will be kept confidential and only shared with Department of Tourism, GOK only. Any information that is published will not identify you or anyone in the Registry.
Frequency of gathering information
We expect members to enrol annually by 30th April with previous year’s financials.
- To collect data annually for DOT, GOV. Mainly number of hotels, each category, district wise, revenue annually generated, number of employees, etc.,
- 3 Star and above hotels to become KTS members enrolling online, filling up applications, uploading of GST Certificate, PAN Details, Trade Licence, Licence Issued under Shop & Establishment act or Labour department. Etc., and a few additional inputs for other categories
- After scrutiny, which takes between 2-4 days, allow them to pay online and then share downloadable E-Certificate signed with serial number.
- Hotels / Restaurants/ Tour Operators who are not ready to become regular members, can apply for Ordinary Membership and enrol with uploading information. This is required in order to avail any benefits from Government.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING SOCIETY MEMBER / Society Membership privileges are:
- Membership of the State Tourism Industry Body.
- Constant and continuous interaction with the Tourism Fraternity.
- Priority in access to Table Space in National and International trade exhibitions, Roadshows conducted by DOT,GOK.
- Access to the latest information on crucial industry issues in State and country.
- Priority in getting table space / stall in KITE and any other B2B events in Karnataka including Govt. schemes and other facility of assistance under the MDA Scheme, award programmers, etc.,
- Have a state level forum for addressing Important issues with the Government and Media
- Grievance handling cell
The membership of the Society shall be open to organizations of good professional reputation and standing who have been connected with tourism, hospitality and travel industry for at least one year in Karnataka and India.
All applications for membership must be made on the prescribed form / online and must be proposed and seconded by two active members of the society. Online process of verification and recommendation is taken care by MC.
- Registration certificate under Karnataka shops and Establishment Act / Labour department Registration.
- Copy of GST Registration Certificate
- Copy of PAN
- License from Municipality/ Corporation/Panchayat to show that your establishment is registered as a Hotel/Resort (Trade License)
The membership of the society shall be composed of
(a) Active Members (b) Affiliate Members (c) Honorary Members (d) Life Member (e) Ordinary Member
The Managing Committee may at any time create different classes of members and may provide for entrance fees and subscriptions and define their respective rights and privileges. The Executive Committee shall have power to dispense with the payment of the entrance fee/membership fee, if they deem fit. The decision of the Managing Committee will be final in all cases.
Active Members: A firm or company having established place of business in Karnataka, India and recognized by the Department of Tourism as Tour Operator / Travel Agent / Hotel / Resort / Spa/ Adventure Operators for a minimum period of two years with minimum turnover in tourism and hospitality should be Rs.25/-lakhs shall be eligible for membership as an active member of the association provided an application is made and accepted by the Managing Committee. However only one office of a firm or company shall be admitted as an Active Member of the Society.
Affiliate Members: Any person, firm or company not falling under any of the mentioned under Active Members, however, who is regularly engaged or associated with tourism and hospitality related activities and has established place of business in Karnataka or any other states in India shall be eligible for Affiliate membership of the association. The minimum turnover of the company/firm should be Rs. 10 Lakh. They shall have no right to vote in the proceedings of the society.
Honorary Members: The Managing Committee may invite persons who are Hall of Fame Awardees and distinguished society members and / or who have distinguished themselves by the services to the services to the tourism and Travel Industry in the State or National or International field to become Honorary Members of the Association. Such members will be invited to the association by the unanimous vote of all the members of the Managing Committee. The hon. minister for Tourism, Govt of Karnataka is a Patron of the Society. The Secretary Tourism, Govt of Karnataka as ex-officio Hon. Members of the Society.
Life Members: A firm or company having established place of business in Karnataka, India and recognized by the Department of Tourism as Tour Operator / Travel Agent / Hotel / Resort / Spa/ Adventure Operators for a minimum period of two years with minimum of turnover in tourism and hospitality should be Rs.25/-lakhs shall be eligible for membership as a Life member of the association provided an application is made and accepted by the Managing Committee. However only one office of a firm or company shall be admitted as an Life Member of the Society.
Ordinary Members: Any person, firm or company not falling under any of the mentioned under Active Members, however, who is regularly engaged or associated with tourism and hospitality related activities and has established place of business in Karnataka or any other states in India shall be eligible for Ordinary membership of the association. The minimum turnover of the company/firm should be Rs. 5 Lakh. Members are not eligible to participate in KTS Meetings / AGM. However, they need to upload data only annual basis.
Categories to choose from:
1: Hotel / Resort / Spa
3: Tour Operator / Travel Agent
4: Tourist Transport Operator
5: Taxi (including Owner, Driver, Owner Cum Driver)
6: Home Stay
KTS offers following membership
|Admission Fee & Subscriptions:|
|Special offer approved by MC till 31st March 2022|
All memberships are with validity from 1st April to 31st March except Life Membership